Sunday, January 8, 2012

A New Year

I know it's been a bit since I posted last--over a month, in fact. Christmas, as I'm sure every busy mom knows, is a completely insane time of year, particularly, as I found, if you're working a job "job" on top of needing to do absurd amounts of work at home as well. It's enough to make you completely insane, and it did make me completely and utterly insane for a bit.

But now it's a new year. Since we're only a week into it, I'm still sort of stuck in 2011, taking in everything (and there was a lot, much of it recorded on this blog) that's happened. A lot of life changing events happened: I graduated from college, we bought and moved into our first home, and I got my first grown-up job. All of this has been wonderful and exciting, but each thing has brought on a new set of responsibilities, and with all of happening in such quick succession (all within about a four month range), I think the family is just now taking a breath and feeling comfortable enough to settle in...which is something we've never really had a chance to do, in the nearly six years DOH and I have been together.

And with 2012 finally here, I can only wonder what can possibly happen next. I'm actually hoping that it will be a quieter year. No moves, big events, babies, or anything. Just some time for the family to coalesce as a whole. I mean, what really could happen (I know, famous last words, right?), because we've pretty much done everything there is to do in the last four years or so.

And I know I've talked about having another baby, and I am in the process of trying to lose some weight to help make that an eventual possibility (I'm also trying to lose weight because, gosh darn it, I really need to), I'm putting the whole baby fever deal on the back burner (as much as I possibly can), because I want to focus on the people who are currently not fetuses, but real people in my life, like my friends and family and coworkers. Babies will come. I'm only 23 (well, nearly 24), and I've got time to spare on that front.

In other news, I'm making the decision to defect to Wordpress. My laptop recently, as they put it, crapped the bed, and I'm not entirely sure when we'll be getting any sort of computer again, which leaves me with the iPad. Since Blogger has decided, as of right now, they're not going to format their iPhone app for the iPad, I'm going to make a change to make blogging more easy. Wordpress has an iPad app, blah, blah, blah, I'm making the switch. The only downside, I can see, is that I will possibly lose some readers (or all, who knows). That and I wouldn't be able to do as many cool things with the format of the blog either (like nifty backgrounds and whatnot). But mainly, I'm worried about losing readers.

That said, this is the address to my new location: mydomesticlifemaine.wordpress.com

Please, please, please come visit me. It's going to be the same deal, maybe, I hope, a bit better. I wish I could promote myself better, but I swear, I'll make it fun!

Thanks so much for reading and checking out my stuff and commenting. It's made this all the more fun.

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

Updating my blog feed. :) Can't wait to cheer you on your weight loss journey. It's much easier than you think once you put your mind to it. :) And yes, my dear, you have plenty of time to have kids. I had my first at 25 and my second at 26, 18 months later. I still want more, but I just lost 30 pounds and I'm now officially back at my original wedding weight. As selfish as it sounds, I'd hate to go back to the size I was in.

Kirsten said...

I have to constantly remind myself there will be more time for lots of things (never mind babies). It's hard to realize that half the time though when you're living the life that most people ten years and older are living and everyone around my age is sort of starting to consider what I was thinking about 5 years ago. I guess I forget I'm just 23 sometimes. I guess I'm still waiting on the whole patience part of being a grown up.

And it is so awesome you had so much success in losing weight. I hope you're right about the ease factor, once I get going, because I've got a long way to go! I really appreciate the support!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...