Friday, September 16, 2011

I Promise I Haven't Abandoned Ship

Okay, so a little while ago, I did say I would be updating on a couple of projects I have going (Pioneer and Baby related). I  have updated on the Pioneer Project (and will be doing so again this evening), but I haven't had a chance to mention the whole baby thing. Mostly because I'm trying to keep my head above water with work and it's overwhelming and I don't have time for anything and it's frustrating, yet satisfying because I love my job...but...none of that matters.

Because I'm here now.

Hi.

Okay, so my first project update is this:

See this adorable young woman? That is what I looked like prior to children. 

This is what I look like now:
Obviously not my best angle, but you get the picture. I've gained a little weight since having my daughter. 

One of my biggest obstacles between myself and a normal, healthy pregnancy that will hopefully end without surgery is to lose some weight. 

A lot of weight. 

Problem? I am completely and totally unmotivated. 

Well, that's not entirely true. I do want to lose weight, and I have great reasons (besides wanting to get pregnant). 

I just can't seem to muster the will power to help me through this, to put me on the path to a healthier lifestyle. 

So this is what I'm battling right now (in addition to making sure I take my prenatals). I'm hoping I'll have some sort of epiphany over the weekend and come Monday I'll be on board with some sort of weight-loss program. 

Wish me luck, right?

Next update: Pioneer Project

Cooking/Baking - This part is way easy to nail. Right now I've got a Sweet Potato Dinner going in the oven, which will be followed up by a custard dish, with most of the ingredients coming locally. (Maybe it's all this good food that's thwarting my weight-loss?)

Homesteading - Major gardening project (well, we'll see how major it is, but I'm hoping for a huge transformation) starts tomorrow. My mom and I are looking to make some changes to the garden just in front of our porch in the morning. I will definitely try to remember to take some before and after pictures. I can't wait to get started!

Technology - I don't have time for technology any more... Other than a little bit of T.V. each night, I haven't had much time with my laptop or iPad. I'm almost sad about this. 

Spirituality - We might go to church on Sunday? (I'm trying, I promise.) 

Family - Major fail this week. Epic freaking fail. 

Let's hope for fewer fails this week. (And, again, let's have more pictures next time, kay?)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...