Monday, September 12, 2011

It's Time to Party!


Now that we're finally really, really settled into our house, I decided that I wanted to throw a little bash.

I have a few close friends who I've known, for the most part, since middle school (in one case, since the 4th grade, when I first moved to Maine), and as of this year, we're all back in the state and mostly back in the area where we grew up. I knew I wanted to invite my old crew for my first "candle-light supper." Expect something like this:




(Side note: My group of my friends and I started watching this show our freshman year of high school. We assigned each other different roles. I'm Hyacinth, the overly prim and proper star of the show. It's funny how I've grown into that role...Ha.)

Anyhow, I'm in the midst of planning the evening. The biggest decision of the moment is the menu. This is really not going to be anything formal, but I don't want there to be more of an air of sophistication (this is my new term, of late). We are, after all, grown-ups now, with jobs or in graduate school, some of us in serious relationships, or getting ready to make big life changing decisions. While I can't turn down a night of pizza, video games, and Apples to Apples, I want to do something different.

So, this is what I have planned so far:

Menu:
Appetizer - Sweet potato fries topped with pulled pork and cheese with sour cream maple dip
Side Dish(es) -
Main Dish -
Dessert - S'Mores with the bonfire, (there will probably be another sort of dessert dish)
Drinks - Pumpkin Head Ale, Sparkling Cider, Slow-Cooker Spiced Cranberry-Apple Cider

Activities:
A bonfire; a rousing game of Apples to Apples (some habits die hard :-)); Bocci ball

Table Setting:

Music:

Clearly I still have more to plan, and I'll update as a I go along, but I'm really excited about even the little I have here.

I am so pumped for my first grown up gathering!


2 comments:

Tiffany said...

Oooooh! So exciting for you! I love adult shindigs. :) Post more as you work on it, I need details!

Kirsten said...

Will do! :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...