Friday, June 3, 2011

Oh, The Places You Won't Go...Online

We're moved in. Our upstairs bedrooms are painted. Most of the boxes are unpacked (...most...). And it's been a week. Yet, here I am, sucking internet off of my parents, because the freaking internet provider we've been using does not provide internet in our new area. I find this all bizarre, because we have literally come down from the distant Western mountains of Maine, where Time Warner didn't venture to a much more populated area and the phone company that is supposed to cover the entire state won't cover us for internet because we're literally half a mile away from an invisible line where coverage ends.

What are we going to do?

*Head desk*

Meanwhile, since I'm completely without the internet, I'm finding time to do other things. Like subsitute teach (Score!). And clean. We have one of the neatest not quite moved into homes in the state. I promise. I've also finished three (Yep. Count 'em. THREE) books this week. Okay, so, not having internet sucks, for a variety of reasons, BUT it does lead me to get a whole lot more done.

Plus, it's hard to want to stay indoors, glued to a keyboard when the weather is so freaking GORGEOUS. Until today, it's been hot, hot, hot and sunny (i.e. perfect). We've been to the beach a few times, played outside with the hose (a total novelty for me, since I grew up in a home where there was a dug well that dried up very easily and we had to use water sparingly...and then we moved to Maine, on a lake, and then we never  needed a hose--at least for playing), and have spent a lot of time outside just enjoying the total late May/early June weather.

So, for now, this is what I've got. I'll try to pop in here and there with updates on the house and whatever else is going on, but there will likely be big gaps between posts.

Such is life, right?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...