Monday, June 6, 2011

A Wonderful Christmas Time

Yes, you read that title correctly--I'm thinking Christmas.

I know it's a loooong way off, and in order for the holiday to go off in the way I'm picturing it, a few things need to happen between now and then that haven't quite transpired (like me having a job that pays in the moneys rather than kisses), but I've always enjoyed Christmas, and for me, it's never really too soon to be thinking about it (except for on December 26th--then I just want to sleep for about a year).

We've tentatively decided to do Christmas at our house. In the past we've spent Christmas Eve at my parents, slept over, done Christmas morning with them, and then proceeded to spend the rest of the day running around like chickens with their heads cut off, visiting DOH's mom's family, then his bio dad's family. It's a lot of work, lugging a ton of stuff, and it's never quite as enjoyable as it was prior to baby (when our presence was less in demand).

We usually go to DOH's aunt's house for Christmas dinner, which has always been nice for us, but she has expressed a desire to discontinue this tradition (and I can't blame her, it's a lot of work). When she came to check out our new house a few weeks ago, she said, "Oh, well, Kirsten, you can just have Christmas here!" I wasn't sure if she was serious or not, but after a follow up chat via Facebook (Thank goodness for modern technology--otherwise I'd have had to pick up a phone! :-) ), I found out she was.

And so it was decided that we would be in charge of Christmas for DOH's side of the family.

So, while it's lovely and balmy and sunny outside, a long and lush summer stretched out before us, I do, in some small corner of my brain, have sugar plums dancing in my head.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...