Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Remember This

At an age when many little girls like to imagine themselves as princesses and fairies, glamorous movie stars or are emulating the Barbie du jour, my little girl is something different.

"Good night, my princess," I said to her tonight as I put her to bed.

"No, I don't want to be a princess," she told me.

"Well, what do you want to be then?" I asked.

"I want to be Lizzie. Just Elizabeth."

My darling little girl, please remember, years from now, please remember that even as a little girl you knew that being "Just Elizabeth" was better than anything else you could imagine.

2 comments:

Adriel Booker said...

oh, that's so sweet! i hope she always wants to be "just elizabeth" too. what a wish for all of our kids - that they will grow up to be comfortable in their own skin and grateful for who they are!!

Unknown said...

You are so right. I want JDaniel to love being him too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...